Friday 23 July 2010

Reader Roundup - July

I haven't done a link-love post for a while so the stars were stacking up in my reader! Here's a few of them.
  • Jaedia posted about the way that the LFD tool is not encouraging players to make new friends in the game. Specifically, she says that if LFD had been there all along, she would never have met her current partner. It's kind of sad when you think about all those new on-server friendships we could be missing out on.

  • Gazimoff is gauging interest for a Mage community website. If you play a mage, head over to Mana Obscura and let him know whether you'd be interested in visiting or taking part in it.

  • Ava over at Tales of a Priest has written a very thorough Reflection on Raiding in Wrath, where she covers the good, the bad and the ugly in relation to progression, buffs, heroics and gating. I haven't been in the forefront of raiding in this expansion but I do have to say I found it a bit sad that I restarted raiding after the world was done with Ulduar, so I've never really got to see it.

  • Reversion on Looking For More wrote a really interesting two-part post about improving your Situational Awareness. Part 1 is about learning to use your mouse to move around, and Part 2 is about helping your brain to be more aware.

  • I know, it's silly of me to link this particular post after all other awesomeness on Righteous Orbs, but Tamarind shared with us some of the Worst Dressed NPCs, and I thought it was hilarious.

  • Way back during the RealID wars, Jong posted this internal memo from Michael Morheim that made me giggle.

  • And finally, if you're looking for a good tale, have a peek at She Can't DPS, a RP-focused blog I recently discovered. Amazing writing and screenshots!
blog comments powered by Disqus